Simple Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
These tasty crab-meat stuffed mushrooms are the perfect protein-packed party-food for your next gathering. This low carbohydrate version is made without breadcrumbs, so you get a bite full of herb-flavored creamy crab in every bite.
- 16 Large Mushrooms
- 8 oz Lump Crabmeat (2 cans drained)
- 4 tbsp Lite Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Chopped Onion
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foli or Parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
Clean mushrooms, then remove stems & gills. Set mushroom caps on the baking sheet.
Put the crab meat in a strainer and press it with a spoon or other utensil to remove as much water as possible. Once fully drained, mix crab, mayo, herbs, onions and grated Parmesan together in a bowl.
Stuff each mushroom with the crab meat mixture, then sprinkle with paprika and oregano.
Bake for ~20 minutes. For a crispier top, increase cooking temperature to 425° F, then cook for an additional ~5 minutes, or until tops are visibly crisp
- Recipe makes: 16 stuffed mushrooms
- Serving Size: 4 mushrooms
- Makes: 4 servings
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): 130 calories; 6 g fat; 1 g saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein, 6% DV iron, 6% DV calcium, 6% DV potassium.
- Meal Planning Servings: 0 CHO, 1 FAT, 2 PRO