Simple 6-ingredient Lasagna
This simple lasagna is high in protein but made busy mom style – with only six ingredients!
- 4 cups Of your Favorite Sauce (even homemade)
- 24 ounces Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 6 Pieces of Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
Stir together the light ricotta cheese and the parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Slice the tomatoes thin
Begin to layer the lasagna: Begin to layer lasagna. Cover over the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with sauce, then place two pieces of dry lasagna noodles to cover the bottom. Cover dry noodles with a thick layer of cheese mixture, lay tomato slices over the cheese. Cover with more sauce. Continue layering until you have 3 layers of noodles.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top it off with pepper, basil and parsley (as desired.)
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for ~20 minutes. Increase temperature to 400 degree, uncover and bake an additional ~15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Enjoy.
- Makes 6 servings
- Nutrition Information per Serving: 330 calories, 36 grams’ carbohydrates, 21 grams’ protein, 11 grams’ fat, 3.5 mg saturated fat, 506 mg (40%) calcium, 2 mg (10%) iron, 688 mg (15%) potassium, 890 mg sodium
- Meal Planning Servings: 2.5 CHO; 3 PRO; 2 FAT