Green Bean and Bacon Bundles
These crispy green bean and bacon bundles are simple and quick to prepare, made with minimal ingredients, and delicious
- 60 long Frozen French Green Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I used jarred garlic)
- 3 slices raw bacon, cut in half to make 6 pieces
Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray
Rinse green beans and lay them in a single payer on a towel to make sure they are thoroughly dry. Cut each piece of raw bacon in half, so that you have 6 pieces.
Bundle together ~10 long green beans. Wrap ½ slice bacon around the center of the green beans (it’s ok to stretch the bacon). Lay the bundle bacon seam slide down in the baking dish to hold it together.
Repeat with the remaining beans, making 6 total bundles. You can make more bundles based on how many servings you have.
Mix the olive oil and the minced garlic together in a small dish. Lightly brush each bundle with the mixture. The bacon will add a salty flavor but you can also sprinkle with pepper, as desired.
Cover the bundles with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the beans. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 bundle
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): 100 calories, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 8 g fat, 2g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 3 g protein, 95 mg sodium, 6% DV iron, 4% DV potassium, 2% DV calcium
- Meal Planning Serving Sizes: 0 CHO; 0 PRO; 1.5 FAT