Roast Beef and Provolone on Pumpernickel (with Simple Slaw)
This roast beef and provolone on toasted pumpernickel is topped with simple slaw and tomatoes, adding loads of flavor to an otherwise simple sandwich. Serve it with a side of fruit or vegetables for a quick meal.
- 2 Slices of Pumpernickel Bread
- 1 Deli Slice of Provolone
- 2 ounces Roast Beef
- 1/2 cup Simple Slaw
- 2 Slices of Tomato
First, you have to make the simple slaw. The link to the simple slaw recipe is in the post. You'll combine 3 cups shredded cabbage in a bowl with 4 tsp. rice vinegar, 1/3 cup light mayo, 1/12 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Mix well. Cover; let sit in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour before using.
Layer all ingredients between two slices of pumpernickel bread. Cut down the center. Eat immediately.
- Tip: Use your hand to collect 3 dashes of salt from a shaker. That is the amount recommended to flavor the slaw.
- Tip: If you buy pre-packaged cabbage to use for the slaw, your prep-time decreases to 2 minutes!
- Note: This is a high sodium meal
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich (recipe is for 1 sandwich with 1/2 cup simple slaw)
- Nutrition Facts (with 1/2 cup simple slaw): 360 Calories, 35 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein, 14 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 1550 mg sodium, 20% DV calcium, 20% DV iron, 4% DV potassium