Swiss Chard with Fresh Shaved Parmesan
Swiss chard is a fantastic source of vitamin A, C, and K, as well as magnesium, potassium, iron and fiber. Serve it with shaved Parmesan for a delicious side dish.
- 4 cups Raw Swiss Chared, Cleaned and Chopped
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice (or 1/2 squeezed lemon)
- 1 tbsp Shaved Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Heat oil in a small sauce pan then add the garlic and pepper flakes. Sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in the chard and the lemon juice.
Cover the pan and let cook until the chard is wilted. Remove from saucepan and to a plate. Top with shaved Parmigiano.
- Recipe Makes: 1 serving
- Nutrition Facts: (nutrition information is the entire recipe)- 110 calories; 7 g fat; 8 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 5 g protein; 180% Vitamin A; 80% Vitamin C; 15% Calcium; 15% Iron
- Meal PlanningServings: 0.5 CHO; 1.5 FAT; 0 PRO