Low-Fat Simple Twice Baked Potatoes
This creamy on the inside, crunchy on the outside twice-baked potato recipe is so easy to prepare, and packed full of potassium, fiber and vitamin C.
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 2 Slices of Bacon (microwaved)
- 3/4 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Non-Fat Milk
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Butter (salted)
- 4 tbsp Fresh Chives (chopped)
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Wrap 2 large (10-12 ounce potatoes) in aluminum foil. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees until done, ~1 ½ hours. Let cool completely. (I recommend baking the potatoes the day before and letting them cool in the refrigerator overnight.)
Using a sharp knife, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scrape out the inside of the potato, being careful not to tear the skin. Place the inside potato in a bowl. Lay the hollowed potato shell in a glass baking dish or sheet pan.
Melt the 1 tbsp. butter in the microwave then add it to the potato that was scooped out of the shell. Use a fork to mash the potatoes well. Add the fat-free sour cream and the milk. Add one piece of the crumbled bacon, 2 tbsp. chopped chives and 1/8 of the shredded cheese to the potato mixture. Continue mixing well.
Spoon the potato mixture into the potato shells, evenly distributing between the 4 shells. Once filled (they should be heaping with potato filling,) sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese, chives and bacon on top of the filling.
Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the tops are crispy. Top with a tbsp. of fat-free sour cream before serving.
- Makes 4 (~6 ounce) twice-baked potatoes
- Nutrition Facts: 1 (~6 ounce) twice baked potato= 240 calories; 4.5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 42 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein, 180 mg sodium, 30% DV Vitamin C, 10% DV iron, 15% DV calcium, 20% DV potassium
- Nutrition Tip- for those on a lower-calorie meal plan, cut one twice-baked potato in half for a ~3 ounce serving
- Meal Planning Serving Sizes: 3 CHO; 1 FAT; 1.5 PRO