Seared Sea Scallops with Spinach & Beans
This seared sea scallops with beans and spinach dish combines three highly nutritious foods into one meal, is easy to prepare, and it is absolutely delicious!
- 1 pound Sea Scallops (raw)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- 1 10oz Bag of Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
Add scallops to pan and cook 2 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through
Remove scallops from pan; keep warm
Add chopped onion, red pepper and garlic to pan and sauté for approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly
Stir in broth and canned beans, and continue cooking for two minutes. If you are using dried beans, you will need to make those in advance.
Add the spinach and cook for approximately 1 minute or until spinach wilts
Remove from heat and stir in basil. Finish by sprinkling with parmesan cheese
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Nutrition Facts per serving= 260 calories, 26 grams’ carbohydrates, 23 grams’ protein, 6 grams’ fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 7 grams’ fiber, 1,030 mg sodium, 150 mg calcium, 700 mg potassium, 4 mg iron.
- Meal Planning Servings: 2 CHO; 3 PRO; 1 FAT