Crispy Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These 5-ingredient no-bake bars cater to those that love a chewy texture with a bit of crunch, while serving up both sweet and savory flavors. Take an hour to make a batch of these bars, and you have a quick snack option to fuel you for the entire week.
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 1/4 cup rice krispy cereal
- 1/2 cup agave sweetener
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
Set aside 1/4 cup of rice krispies and 1 Tbsp. peanut butter.Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.Transfer mixture to Parchment Paper and wrap to completely cover mixture. Refrigerate for ~1 hourOnce chilled, transfer the mixture in an 8X8 baking dish.Use Parchment paper to spread mixture evenly in the dish. Make sure to press firmly so that the ingredients stick together. Use a knife to cut into 8 even bars.One by one, dip the top of each bar into the remaining rice krispies. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave, and then drizzle over the 8 bars. Place bars back in the baking dish, cover and place in the freezer for ~2 hours. Remove from freezer, then wrap individually with plastic wrap.Return to the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Recipe makes: 8 bars
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Nutrition Facts (per bar): 240 calories, 9 g fat, 1.5 g sat. fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 31 carbohydrates, 2 fiber, 17 sugar, 110 mg sodium, 22 mg calcium, 2 mg iron, 71 mg potassium
- Meal Planning Servings: 2 CHO; 1.5 PRO; 2 FAT