Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day, or any day, with the ultimate green food – mint chocolate chip ice cream, with 10 grams of high-quality protein per serving!
- 2 cups fat- free half and half
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. erythritol
- 1/2 cup mini, semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine the raw spinach with a few tbsp. of water in a microwave safe bowl. Cover, then steam for ~5 minutes or until wilted and soft.Once spinach is cooked, transfer to a small glass bowl. The cooked spinach will yield only be ~1/4 cup or less of cooked spinach. Add 1 tsp. erythritol, and then stir well. Put the spinach in a small food processor and pulse until a green liquid is formed.Combine all ingredients, including the liquid spinach, but excluding the chocolate chips, in a bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for ~2 hours.Once chilled, use an ice cream maker to prepare the ice cream. Allow to churn for ~15 minutes, then slowly add the mini chocolate chips. Continue churning until the ice cream is complete.Ice cream will be super soft. Transfer to a glass bowl, cover tightly and put in the freezer. Allow ice cream to set in the freezer for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Makes 5 cups of mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Nutrition Facts: (per serving): 170 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 8% daily calcium, 4% daily potassium