Egg muffins make it easy to start the day with a healthy meal. Try this turkey sausage & vegetable variety, or make them your way by adding you your own favorite veggies and cheese
- 18 eggs, large
- 6 egg whites
- 6 turkey links, frozen & precooked
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 20 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Crack all of the eggs and egg whites then beat them together in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a food processor, chop the onion and sausage into crumbed pieces. Add them to the egg mixture. Using a sharp knife, chop the spinach and tomatoes into small pieces. Stir them into the egg mixture. Add pepper.
Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full. This should fill 24 muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a food thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Eat, or place in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer for another day.
- Nutrition Tip:To keep the sodium low, I left the salt out of the recipe. You can add a small amount of salt before eating the if you need to.
- Recipe Makes: 24 egg muffins
- Serving Size: 2 muffins
- Recipe makes 12 servings
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @heathermangieri on Instagram and hashtag it #HeatherMangieriNutrition
- Nutrition Facts (per 2 muffins serving size):140 calories, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 fiber, 13 g protein, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 330 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 4 % daily calcium, 0 % daily Vitamin D, 2% daily potassium, 10% daily iron
- Meal Planning Servings: 0 CHO; 2 PRO; 2 FAT