No Crust Zucchini and Tomato Pie
This crustless gluten-free vegetarian pie combines zucchini, tomato, cheese and eggs for a simple, savory dish that can be enjoyed any time of day.
- 1.5 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, red and yellow, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease bottom of a standard 9” pie dish. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites together. Add milk and whisk for another 5-10 seconds.
In a separate bowl, combine the zucchini, tomato, onion, cheese, salt and pepper and stir well.
Transfer the vegetable and cheese mixture to the pie dish. Make sure the vegetables are spread evenly in the pan
Pour the milk and egg mixture over the vegetables.
– Bake for ~35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. The top will be golden brown.
IMPORTANT: Let the pie sit for ~15 minutes prior to cutting and serving. Slice into 4 servings.
- Nutrition Facts (per 1/3 pie): 230 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein, 10 g fat, 4 g staurated fat, 300 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 15% daily potassium, 15% daily calcium, 10% daily iron, 6% daily vitamin D
- Meal Planning Servings: 1 CHO; 3 PRO; 2 FAT