Chicken & Spinach Quesadilla
This crispy, flavor-filled chicken and spinach quesadilla is packed with nutrition and takes under 10 minutes to make! It’s a delicious and easy way to get more greens, protein, fiber, calcium and iron in your diet!
- 2 flour tortila, small
- 3 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (shredded)
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup red pepper, cooked and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/8 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp sour cream, light
Put the shredded chicken, chicken broth and the spices in a sauté pan and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the red pepper and the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
In a separate sauté pan, warm the oil over medium heat. Place one of the flour tortillas in the pan and press down, so that it gets covered in olive oil. Remove that tortilla and place it oil side up on the counter, then put the other tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the tortilla and let it cook for ~30 seconds. Lift up on the tortilla so that it doesn’t stick to the pan. Spoon the chicken and spinach mixture evenly over the melted cheese, then use a spatula to remove the tortilla. Place the other oiled tortilla in the pan and allow it to brown. Once done, remove it and place it on top of the chicken and spinach.
Use a spatula to press down on the quesadilla, then use a pizza cutter to cut it into 4 equal triangles. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
- Recipe Makes: 1 Quesadilla
- Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
- Nutrition Facts: 500 Calories, 37 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugars, 22 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 100 mg cholesterol, 36 g protein, 950 mg sodium, 10% DV for iron, 15% DV for potassium, 20% DV for calcium.
- Meal Planning Servings: 2.5 CHO; 5 PRO; 4 FAT