This Greek yogurt cream cheese filling is a great way to slim-down your favorite treat. Use is in place of traditional cream cheese icing to make pumpkin roll, carrot cake or other dessert.
I love when I make things and they turn out tasty the first time! That’s what happened when I made this cream cheese filling. I needed a filling for my protein packed pumpkin roll, so I substituted reduced fat cream cheese for full-fat, and greek yogurt in place of butter. It’s thinner than traditional icing, but it has a fantastic cream cheese flavor and works great when used as a drizzle, dip or filling.
If you try this recipe, let me know what yo think!
Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, non-fat
- 1 block 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
- 1.25 cups Powdered Sugar
- Combine Greek yogurt and cream cheese in a bowl and stir together. Transfer to a food processor and process until blended. Slowly add the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Recipe makes 2 1/2 cups icing or 18 servings
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): 70 calories,, 10 g carbohydrates,, 2 g protein, 2.5 grams fat, 1.5 g saturated fat,, 5 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Tag @heathermangierion Instagram and hashtag it #HeatherMangieriNutrition