Winter is coming and that means soup’s on in my house. This homemade wedding soup is one of my favorites because it is a balance of healthy carbohydrates, plenty of protein and a bit of fat for flavor, all mixed into one meal. I posted this wedding soup recipe last year on Instagram and Facebook and it was a huge hit; now I want to share it here on the blog.
You can make alterations based on your own preferences, such as using your own meatball recipe or adding different vegetables. I like to add extra spinach when I make this soup. Invest in a high-quality soup thermos and take it with you wherever you go.
Homemade Wedding Soup
- 3 cups Water Soup
- 64 oz Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth or Stock Soup
- 3 Celery Stalks (chopped) Soup
- 3 Carrots (peeled and chopped) Soup
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless) Soup
- 8 cups Fresh Spinach Soup
- Box of Pastini Soup
- Romano Cheese Soup
- 1 pound Lean Ground Turkey Mini Meatballs
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs Mini Meatballs
- 1 Egg (beaten) Mini Meatballs
- Add 3 cups of water to a pot and bring to a bowl. Clean and trim the raw chicken breasts and cut them in half. Add the chicken, chopped carrots, chopped celery to the pot of boiling water and reduce heat.Simmer for 30 minutesWhile that is simmering, make the turkey meatballs.-Mix all ingredients together well, then form into mini meatballs. Sauté the meatballs in a pan to allow them to get crisp on the outside. Add them to the pot of soup to allow them to continuing cooking.
-After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the pot and tear it apart into small pieces. Return the pieces of chicken to the pot with the celery, carrots and meatballs. Add 64 ounces of reduced sodium chicken broth or stalk and stir well. Now add the spinach and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.-Cook pastini separate according to the package (do not overcook).-Add pastini to a bowl and pour the soup overtop of it-Sprinkle with Romano cheese-Pepper to taste-Serve and Enjoy!