These no-bake chewy chocolate peanut butter bars are easy to make and provide a quick snack for any time of day.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. If you click on the link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
A few weeks ago, I shared my recipe for Lara-like fruit and nut bars on Pinterest and my social media platforms. It wasn’t a new recipe. In fact, I first made those bars and shared the recipe in 2015. My photography wasn’t very sharp back then, and since I was making a batch of the bars for the house, I took the opportunity to update my photos. I received a ton of positive messages on those bars. I was happy I shared the easy recipe.
One of my Pinterest followers sent me a message asking if they would turn out the same if she added chocolate chips. I had already made a variation of that bar with chocolate, so I gave her the recipe. I decided to share it on my blog, too.
How To Make No-Bake Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
These no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are so easy to make. All you need is a food processor and a few ingredients. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender, but it will just take longer to blend the dates and it’s a lot harder to get the ingredients out after blending. A good food processor is an investment, but if you cook a lot, I highly suggest getting one. I have a 14-cup Cuisinart Food Processor and I absolutely love it!
To make these chocolate, peanut butter flavored bars, you need ¾ cup of peanuts, 8 ounces (~32 each) of dried dates and ¼ cup of mini chocolate chips.
Cut the dates in half, then put them into the food processor. Blend until a paste is formed. Transfer the paste to a bowl.
Next, dump the peanuts in the food processor and pulse until they are chopped very small. Make sure not to over-blend or you will end up with peanut butter.
The small pieces of peanut will add texture to the bar.
Add the dates back into the food processor with the peanuts, and pulse ~ 10 times, or until they are combined.
Next, add the mini chocolate chips to the food processor. Pulse only a few times, or until they are evenly distributed in the mixture. Then, remove the mixture and put into a bowl.
Line the bottom of an 8X8 pan with a piece of Parchment paper, then spread the mixture in the pan. Use a second piece of Parchment paper to press firmly and evenly, so that each bar is the same size. I also use a spatula to press on the bars. Transfer to the refrigerate to harden for at least 30 minutes.
Remove the bars from the pan by lifting up on the Parchment paper, then peel the Parchment paper away. Use a sharp knife to cut into 6 even bars. The bars will be sticky, so you may need to use your hands to form each one into a 3” X 1.5” bar. Once they are formed into bars, wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
These no-bake chocolate, peanut butter fruit and nut bars are super chewy and make a great snack for any time of day.
No Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter Fruit And Nut Bars
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 8 oz dates (~32 dates)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Put the dates into the food processor and pulse into a paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place peanuts in a food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces. Make sure not to over-blend or you else you will end up with peanut butter. The small pieces of nuts provide texture.
- Put the dates into the food processor with the chopped nuts and pulse until combined.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and pulse until they are combined. Remove the mixture and put into a bowl.
- Line an 8X8 pan with Parchment paper, then put the mixture in the pan.
- Using another piece of Parchment paper, press the mixture firmly and evenly in the pan.
- Remove the Parchment paper, then cut the bars into 6 even pieces.
- Wrap each bar in a piece of plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
- Recipe Makes: 6 bars
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): 250 calories, 37 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 11 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg sodium, 2% DV calcium, 6% DV iron, 8% DV potassium.
- Meal Planning Servings: 2.5 CHO; 1 PRO; 2 FAT
If you like these bars, you might also like these lara-like fruit and nut bars or my no-bake peanut butter chocolate chip protein bites.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @heathermangieri on Instagram and hashtag it #HeatherMangieriNutrition to all recipes. Or, Pin it on Pinterest for later!