These simple pancakes are a great way to pack protein into your morning meal. They’re made with cottage cheese, but you’d never know it.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. If you click on the link and make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
These protein pancakes are made with cottage cheese, but you won’t hear me refer to them as cottage cheese pancakes. I’m a mom of three kids and not one of them will eat cottage cheese. They do, however, eat these pancakes.
If you don’t care for cottage cheese, don’t panic. This no-lump recipe even meets the requirements of those with texture issues. Nutritionally speaking, they are a perfect blend of fiber-rich carbohydrates, high-quality protein and a bit of fats all mixed up into one healthy meal. Best of all they make spreading your protein intake evenly throughout the day easy, even if you choose these as a snack. You can boost the nutritional quality even further by topping them with fresh berries or using a berry puree in place of syrup.
This recipe is just one of the simple recipes I share on how to increase protein in your diet using food not supplements. I share the macronutrient distribution and the meal plan servings below. If you’ve followed the guide in my book, Fueling Young Athletes, to create an individualized plan for yourself, you will know how many pancakes you can eat to meet your personal needs and meal plan. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Simple Protein Pancakes
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese 2% Fat
- 1 cup Oats (old fashioned)
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- • Place the cottage cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Place it in a bowl and set aside.• Put the oats in a food processor and grind into an oat flour. Add to the cottage cheese and stir well.• Add all other ingredients• Use a ½ cup measuring cup to portion the batter into pancakes on a hot griddle.Makes 11 Pancakes
- Nutrition Facts (per pancake): 1 Pancake= 70 calories; 2 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein
- Meal Plan Servings: (0.5 CHO, 1 Pro, 0.5 Fat)