Something different! That’s what this sweet, savory and spicy salsa recipe brings to the table.
Fresh salsa is one of my favorite foods. Not only does it taste great alone, it also makes a great condiment to boost the flavor of other foods. And, when you blend fruit, vegetables and herbs together into one dish, it makes increasing the vitamin, mineral and phytonutrient content of your meal a breeze.
There are endless ways to enjoy this salsa. Try one of these examples or create your own.
- Spoon it over fish or chicken to add flavor to your otherwise plain protein.
- Use it as a nutrient rich-dip with your favorite tortilla chips
- Top tacos, fajitas or meatballs with this salsa to add a flavorful kick
- Use it to make a marinate by crushing the berries then brush the mixture over shrimp or chicken before grilling.
- Use it as a way to add flavor and nourishment to a baked potato
Spicy Blueberry Balsamic Salsa
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 pint Rinsed Blueberries
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Green Onions (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 Small Jalapeno Pepper (diced)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- • Rinse all produce before getting started. Place the whole blueberries in a bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, red pepper, jalapeno, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir all ingredients together lightly. Refrigerate before servingMakes ~3 cups
Can you think of another way to use this salsa? Share your idea so we can share it with others.
Nutrition CheckUp Serving Size: 0.5 CHO; 0 PRO; 0 FAT