This arugula and pear salad with reduced-fat lime cilantro vinaigrette is filled with flavor and phytonutrients, and can be made in minutes.
Doesn’t it always seem like salads are better when someone else makes them?
I recently had dinner at Kaya, a Pittsburgh restaurant specializing in Caribbeans cuisine. Let me tell you about the Field Green Salad they serve on their dinner menu; it is fabulous! Such a simple salad, yet filled with so much flavor. I decided that replicating their cilantro lime vinaigrette was my next challenge. Off to the grocery store I went. Fresh cilantro and lime were in the cart.
As much as I love cilantro, I’d never used it as an ingredient for homemade salad dressing. After many failed attempts, I finally found the right ratio of ingredients to call it a light (reduced-fat) dressing without sacrificing taste. One tablespoon is only 5 grams of fat and goes a long way.
This salad includes a mix of many flavors: Arugula, Feta Cheese, sunflower seeds and my version of lower-fat lime cilantro vinaigrette dressing. I love this flavor combination and I hope you will too!
Arugula and Pear Salad with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Pear
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbsp Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice Dressing Recipe
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Sugar Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 tsp Salt Dressing Recipe
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing Recipe
- 1 tbsp Chopped Cilantro Dressing Recipe
- Mix arugula, sunflower seeds and dressing in a mixing bowl. Toss well. Transfer the coated greens to a bowl or plate. Top with sliced pear and feta. Enjoy!
- Nutrition Facts: 250 calories, 20 g. carbohydrates; 6 g fiber, 15 g. fat,11 g. protein.
- Meal Planning Servings: 1.5 CHO; 1.5 PRO; 3 FATS
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @heathermangieri on Instagram and hashtag it #HeatherMangieriNutrition